In the field

Monday, July 03, 2006

WELL DONE, Ai Ling! You completed all your work by Fri. It was a bit grueling at times to sit still and get work done. Ya FL said I looked very serious. Realised I can be quite restless and I can't sit properly.. like you know, sit up straight and keep two feet on the ground kind. Heh, I make myself feel at home in the office - is that good or bad.

One interesting thought..
I remember Dr Sim mention that social workers in Singapore are passive and don't do outreach actively enough, compared to HK social workers of course. I don't know what the SW scene in HK is like so I can't imagine what exactly he means. But a case in point is what FL shared. FL shared some of her experience in her previous agency.. something that goes along the line of "if I have to go and 'beg' clients to be on a programme, where does their self-determination come in?"

What is the difference between active outreach and 'begging' clients to be on a programme? The line is fine. Then again, maybe not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home