In the field

Sunday, September 03, 2006

With all due respect to my tutor's expertise and experience in the area of counselling, I really left the first tutorial feeling uninspired.

Discussed things I already knew. I don't need to know that SWers and clients have potentially different world views and beliefs. I need to know how to work around this issue so that I can still be an effective counsellor.

Said that social workers are not ambitious. HELLO? Even if that was a half-joking remark made in jest, it was uncalled for. Just because a social worker doesn't want to be in management level doesn't mean he/she is unambitious.

I laughed when tutor said that in class. But I got pissed thinking about it. Why did it take me so many days to process this and come to the conclusion that the first tutorial was a little waste of my time. Darn. I better get rid of this initial prejudice and cut some slack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home