In the field

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Day 12 @ Care Corner 22 May 06

First real session with client!

Hehe it was exciting. Let's see.. After supervision with Lydia yesterday, I realised that I tend to avert the emotional aspects.. and in my thinking-through before the session, I tend to separate emotional issues from the financial and caregiving responsibilities. But of course, it's never this neat in reality.

It was so funny! I didn't think that I'd want to separate the emtional aspect from the investigative part, but I just did it anyway. She went like "Ya it's getting harder for me.." And I'd say, "So how are you managing your finances?". Perhaps that something I want to work on.. I think I tend to be more task-oriented.. As I reflect on the way I do things.. I tend to want to get the job done before talking emotions.

And then I told her to sell herself! After I asked if she thought of going back to being a karoke hostess, in my mind I went like "Man, that must be the silliest question. Hello? What were you thinking?!".

(to be continued)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home